The Oxford Arms, Warwick Lane, 1875 6
Photographer: Bool, John, A & J Bool, Bool, Alfred
Medium: Photographic print
One of the 17th century galleried coaching inns, The Oxford Arms Inn, which was demolished in 1878, taken from one of the windows of the Old Bailey. In the book 'Photographs of Old London' Alfred Marks' letterpress accompanying this photograph informs us that the Oxford Arms was much frequented by persons attending Newgate Market before the advent of the railways.