Photographer: Johnson, Edward
Medium: Photographic print
Exterior view of the Church of Upwell St Peter in Norfolk, "a fine regular structure of the later Perpendicular style of architecture...The tower is the oldest part of the Church, Early English in character, the bottom part is foursquare, the top octangular, it was surmounted by a spire which was removed in 1842. Six bells hang in the tower, and there is a town clock which was put up in 1864. The porch is of stone and has a room over it; the old door at the entrance to the tower is handsomely carved..."
Text by the Rector of Upwell W G Townley from the book 'The Fen and Marshland Churches'.