Photographer: Johnson, Edward
Medium: Photographic print
Interior of the Church of Saint Mary the Blessed Virgin at Weston, Lincolnshire.
"The Nave of five bays, together with the clere-story and the south porch are Early English or Transition (circa 1160) of the best type. The Chancel of three bays Lancet (possibly re-built circa 1280). North and south Transepts (added circa 1350 and 1360) Decorated...Entering the Church...the effect is that of a Cathedral in miniature, but the whole tone of the building is more solemn and suggestive of devotional feeling than many of our Cathedrals.
Text by the Vicar of Spalding Edward Moore from the book 'The Fen and Marshland Churches'.