Advertisement for the Chancery Lane Safe Deposit, reverse side
Printer: Whitehead, Morris & Lewis, London
Medium: Print on paper
The Chancery Lane Safe Deposit opened in 1876, renting strongrooms to London's wealthy for the safe and secure storage of their household silver, jewellery and personal documents. Entrance to the building was gained by special arrangement and the strongrooms were guarded day and night. Indeed, the Safe Deposit boasted that there had never been a robbery within its precincts. During the Second World War the building above the vaults was destroyed, replaced by the modern London Silver Vaults.