Advert for a meeting at the Exeter Hall
Printer: Banks, Robert
Medium: Print on paper
This is a leaflet for a meeting of the Metropolitan Anglo-Israel Association to be held at the Exeter Hall. The Exeter Hall in Piccadilly was a non-denominational hall on the Strand in London. It was built between 1829 and 1831 on the grounds of the former residence of the Earls of Exeter. It was used for meetings of religions, charitable and scientific institutions and later became the headquarters for the YMCA. The hall had a particularly strong programme of evangelical preachers and many well known speakers, such as Charles Spurgeon, could be heard there.