Advert for Hudson's Extract of Soap 5089
Medium: Print on paper
This is an advertisement for Hudson's soap. R. S. Hudson owned a small chemist's shop in West Bromich. In 1837 he started producing soap powder in a small room at the back of his shop. He himself ground the soap with a pestle and mortar. His powder was so popular that he was soon employing 10 women to keep up with demand. In 1875 he opened a factory at Bank Hall in Liverpool. Hudson’s soap was a very successful brand and was used across the country.