Advert For A Prayer Meeting At Her Majesty's Opera House
Printer: Williams, T.
Medium: Print on paper
Her Majesty’s Theatre opened as the Queen’s Theatre on April 9th, 1705, at the time it was the largest theatre in the country and was one of the most splendid. In 1818 the theatre was refurbished and opened as the King’s Theatre and then in 1877, under the management of Colonel Mapleson the theatre opened as an Opera House. It was one of the only places that Opera was staged and the theatre’s audiences were very fashionable.