Advert For Gatti's Restaurant 6511
Printer: Taylor, G. W.
Medium: Print on paper
Carlo and Giovanni Gatti ran coffee and ice rooms (providing refreshment and musical entertainment) in Hungerford market for 7 years before the market was demolished to make way for Charing Cross Station. With the money they received in compensation Carlo leased a new building situated 'under the arches' of the station. This hall soon became a 'Music Hall' with audiences seated at tables and a chairman acting as maitre'd. In 1883 Carlo died and his wife and daughter took over the running of the hall. A restaurant and billiard saloon was added and business flourished.