Advert for the Polytechnic Young Men's Christian Institute
Printer: Johnson, WS
Medium: Print on paper
The Polytechnic in Regent Street was established by a missionary worker, Quintin Hogg, who had previously run a Young Men's Christian Institute in the Covent Garden. Hogg envisaged the Polytechnic as a "spiritual, social, educational and athletic" environment for young men otherwise without homes or support in the city. They could room there while attending classes and activities. A day school was opened on the premises in 1886, and this continues today as the Quintin Kynaston Secondary School in St John's Wood, London.