Advert For Brooke's Monkey Brand Soap reverse(014EVA000000000U06743V00)
Medium: Print on paper
This is the reverse of the leaflet.
Monkey Brand soap was introduced in around 1899 as a scouring soap. A firm owned by Sidney and Henry Gross, had produced and sold the soap in Philadelphia, USA. Lever Brothers bought the company in 1899 and transferred the production of Monkey Brand soap to Port Sunlight. The name ‘Benjamin Brooke’ was used to promote the Monkey Brand soap both in the States and in Britain.