Advert for the Oval Music Club at the Surrey Club House
Medium: Print on paper
In 1845, the Montpelier Cricket Club were turned out of their ground in Walworth, London. The Prince of Wales leased them ground in nearby Kennington. Changin their name to the Surrey County Cricket Club, they built a clubhouse known as the Oval. A popular venue for social engagements and dining, the Oval also hosted recitals and musical concerts such as this one.