Poster advertising St James' Temperance Hall
St James’ Hall was a magnificant building in Regent's Quadrant, Piccadilly. The interior was designed by the architect and artist Owen Jones. The grand hall on the first floor had a 60-feet tall ceiling, while on the ground floor were two smaller halls. The restaurant was one of the best in London. James' Hall opened on 25 March 1858 and was demolished 1888 - so this meeting and slide show about Mormonism must have been one of the last events to be held at the here.