This volume contains a chronicle, and several works composed by John of Wallingford, written in his own handwriting. He became a monk of Wallingford (between Oxford and Reading) in 1231, moved to St. Albans in 1246/7 where he was in charge of the infirmary, and moved again c.1257 to Wymondham, a cell of St. Albans, where he died in 1258. Parts of the manuscript were written and illustrated while he was at St. Albans, but other parts date to the final year of his life, when he was at Wymondham, a few miles south-west of Norwich. One of the items in this manuscript is a genealogy of the kings of England from Alfred to Henry III, which runs vertically down the pages, with names in roundels and accompanying text to either side. Below Henry III (1216-1272) are roundels for his first five children, but not his last two, who both died very young: the last mentioned is Katherine (1253-1257). The inscription at the bottom of the page states that the shield of the king of England has three lions on it, because he is a King, a Duke, and a Count.