This Apocalypse manuscript contains the Latin text of the biblical book of Revelation, written on versos, with a commentary in French on the facing rectos, each with a miniature. The manuscript takes its name from two added inscriptions: one states that it was given to the Benedictine abbey of St. Mary, Abingdon, by a bishop of Salisbury; the other records that it was lent by the abbot and convent of Abingdon in 1362 to Joan, wife of King David II of Scotland. In the middle of this scene is a bishop at an altar, with Christ above. To one side in the Virgin and Child and the Adoration of the Magi, to the other kings are being driven into a hell-mouth. Apparently the artist responsible for the green and brown hell-mouth also coloured the dog chasing a hare in the lower margin.