This is a typical mid-13th-century Bible: written in small script in two columns on very fine parchment. This style of 'pocket' Bible was developed in Paris, probably for the use of Dominicans, who needed to have a portable copy of a standardised text. This manuscript has an inscription of circa 1300, stating that it belonged to Brother Gervase of Bangor--presumably a member of the Dominican house there--and that after his death it should be bequeathed to the Franciscan house at Llanfaes, in Anglesey.
A brown guide-letter 'f' is visible in the left -hand margin next to the initial 'F' at the start of the Book of II Samuel. To the right of the initial are two blank half-lines, left by the scribe for a rubric which was never supplied.