Caesarius (c.470-543) was bishop of Arles for the last 40 years of his life. One of his most wide-ranging achievements was to draw up the first set of guidelines specifically tailored to govern the conduct of nunneries; his own sister was abbess of a community of 200 women. He was especially famous as a preacher, and the present manuscript contains a number of his sermons. At the end of the main text is an added list of properties owned by Wallingford Priory, on the Thames between Didcot and Henley, in Berkshire: the manuscript therefore belonged to the priory in the Middle Ages. This page contains the list of the properties of the priory of the Holy Trinity, Wallingford, which is mentioned in the first line; this is followed by the church of St. Mary & St. Martin on the second line, and so on. The second text on the page, damaged and repaired with sewing, is a copy of a charter granted by Nicholas, who was prior until 1183.