Almost nothing is known about Geoffrey of Ufford, and this appears to be the sole surviving copy of his compilation. The only clues are his name (there are two places called Ufford, both in East Anglia: one near Peterborough, the other near Woodbridge in Suffolk); one of the texts is a chronicle which ends with the coronation of King Henry II in 1154, and which gives emphasis to events relating to Thorney, Peterborough, Ramsey, etc.. Taken together, the evidence suggests that the work was composed in the area of Peterborough in or soon after 1154. This page includes a list of kings, in two columns. Next to the name of King Erconbert (d. 664) , half-way down the left column, is a contemporary note in smaller script stating that he was married to St. Sexburga, sister of St. Etheldreda, both of whom were abbesses of Ely. Similar added notes referring to East Anglian saints also occur elsewhere with some regularity.