A West View of Highbury Place
Engraver: Pollard & Jukes
West view of the Georgian terraced housing development known as Highbury Place showing its rural location at this time. Highbury Place was a development of 39 houses and was built by John Spiller during the period 1774-9. These exclusive townhouses were not initially successful in turning Highbury into a suburb but later developments followed in the nineteenth century.