A view of the head of the canal or basin at Paddington
Engraver: Jeakes, J
View of the Grand Junction Canal terminating in the Paddington Basin between the North and South Wharf Roads. As can be seen in the print, it was a busy spot, with goods being packed and unloaded. The Paddington to Uxbridge section of the Grand Junction Canal was first opened in 1801. It was later connected to the main Grand Junction Canal (direct canal from Midlands to London) and the Regent's Canal.