A view of Mitcham church in the County of Surrey
Medium: Pen and ink on paper
The small country church of St Peter and St Pauls lies near the green in the village of Mitcham. The building in this view was replaced in 1819-21 by a church in the fashionable Gothic Perpendicular style - with a greater emphasis on rectilinear form and vertical lines. The original medieval tower remained, though the exterior was stuccoed.