All Saints church at Pontefract
Engraver: Gandon, J
All Saints church in Pontefract dates from 14th and 15th centuries. It is situated outside the town on a rock near Pontefract Castle. As can be seen in this picture, it was a dramatic ruin by the late 18th century, having been damaged during the castle siege in the civil war. It stood derelict for nearly 200 years until it was repaired in 1837.