View of the mansion of the Gregories Estate (also called Butler's Court) near Beaconsfield in Buckinghamshire. This is the mansion house of politician Edmund Burke. The name 'Gregories' comes from the family who had briefly owned the estate from 1370-1391. It was later owned by Ralph Butler who gave it its alternative name of Butler's Court. Burke bought it in 1768 for £20,000. The previous occupants were the Waller family, but Edmund Waller in 1768 inherited Hall Barn and moved his home there. It was in the fashionable Palladian style, with a main block connected to two smaller side blocks with colonnades. After the death of Burke the house was sold and then leased to a school, unfortunately it was destroyed by fire in 1813.