Artist: Grimm, Samuel Hieronymous
Medium: Ink wash on paper
View of Bulstrode Park, in Buckinghamshire, as it was in 1781 when it was the seat of the Dowager Duchess of Portland. It was built in c.1676-85 for Judge Jefferies. By the 1740s ownership had passed to the 2nd Duke of Portland who employed Stiff Leadbetter to make substantial changes. It was later remodelled by James Wyatt between 1806-9 for the third Duke of Portland. The artist is Samuel Hieronymous Grimm (1733-1794), a prodigious traveller and topographical artist.