View of Beauchief Hall which is situated about three miles from the town of Dronfield in Derbyshire. The name comes from the former abbey here, which was established by the Premonstratensian Order in the 12th century. After the abbey was dissolved it became an estate and house owned by a lay family. In 1657 the estate passed to Edward Pegge, who in 1671 completely rebuilt the house in Restoration style. This solid mansion has seven bays and 3 stories. Inside there are only a few reminders of the original house such as the staircase.