Church of St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey
Artist and engraver: Buckler, John
St Mary Magdalen was one of the original medieval parish churches of Bermondsey. It was built next to the powerful Cluniac Abbey on Bermondsey Street, but was for the use of the lay workers and tenants of the abbey. After the Abbey was dissolved in the 16th century, the church became the parish church and was in use until the late 17th century when it was declared unsafe and pulled down. The building seen in this view was built between 1675-9 to a design of Charles Stanton.