This view is of St Nicholas's Church, the medieval parish church of Chiswick, located on Church Street near the River Thames. The west tower was built in the first half of the 15th century. It it built of ragstone in three stages and has diagonal buttresses, a separate stair turret, embattled parapet, spirelet and a square headed window. The church was extensively repaired in 1711. In 1772, a new aisle of brick with round headed windows were added on the south side.