Coundary House, Sussex
Engraver: Quinton, George
View of Cowdray (or Coundry) House, once an impressive Tudor mansion. Sir David Owen began construction on the site in 1492, and the house was substantially extended during the 16th century by the courtiers, Sir William Fitzwilliam and Sir Anthony Browne. The courtyard pictured measured 125 feet by 100 feet. The building retained its Tudor exterior until a fire destroyed the interiors and roof in 1793. Only the shell of the building remains.