Church of Old Malten, Yorkshire
Medium: Aquatint with etching
St Mary's Church in Old Malton in Yorkshire, looks too grand to be an ordinary parish church and indeed, it is actually the former church of a Gilbertine Priory. The Priory was established c.1150 but now most of the remains of the monastic building have gone. This parish church consists of the west end of the nave and two thirds of the facade. The facade was built in the Early English style apart from its huge 4 light window which was added later in the Perpendicular style. The Church is served by an elaborate doorway with five columns and arches decorated with Norman dogtooth pattern.