Dunraven House, Glamorganshire July 30th 1775
View of Dunraven House, in Southerndown, Wales. The House is situated in an elevated position above the cliffs on a promontory known as Witch’s Point. The Welsh name for the place is Dundryfan which means ‘triangular fortress’ and the house was built on or near the site of an Iron Age hillfort. The house was built by the Wyndham family in 1803. Because parts of the house and the walls were castellated the house is sometimes known as ‘Dunraven castle. The house was demolished after the Second World War.