View of the east end of Nevile's Court at Trinity College, Cambridge, showing the Hall range and the 'tribunal' built in 1682. After creating the Great Court at Trinity College, the college master, Thomas Nevile ambitiously sought to build a new court to the west of the Great Court, at his own expense. His building work was completed in 1612. It was an cloistered courtyard with a gabled roofline. The round arched cloisters can still be seen in this print, but the 17th century gables were disposed of in 1756 when Essex replaced them with a more classical balustrade and roof. The 17th century hall now has a classical style entrance porch (called the tribunal) which was built by stone mason Robert Grumbold, probably according to a design by Christopher Wren.