East View of the church of Kentish Town
View of the entrance to the chapel from the Kentish Town Road. Kentish Town grew up along the London road to Highgate and became fashionable in the 18th century. More residences were established here and the area became the home "of some good families who kept their carriages and suits of servants". A hamlet in the parish of St Pancras, Kentish Town did not get its own parish church until 1784, designed by architect James Wyatt.