East Retford Hall, Nottinghamshire, the seat of Messrs Emerson Esq.
Artist: Malton, T
Medium: Ink wash on paper
This large brick mansion was built for Alexander Emerson in 1762. As the picture shows, it has three stories and two large wings. The stands in the town of Retford, which at the time of this image was two separate townships: the market town of East Retford and the small village of West Retford across the river.