Frogmore near Windsor
Medium: Pencil on paper
View from across a lake of Frogmore Lodge, which was south east of the Castle, in Little Park, now known as Home Park. This house was purchased in 1792 by Queen Charlotte who spent much of her leisure time here, and then after her death by her daughter Princess Augusta. It was in 1809 bought by the Crown and was later used by other members of the royal family. The house was originally built in c.1680 by Hugh May and was a brick mansion, seven bays wide with a pedimented entrance. It was later extended for Queen Charlotte by architect James Wyatt. It also had a pleasant garden, with one early 19th century description referring to ' flower gardens, lawns, pleasure grounds, island, with ornamental temples, alcoves, covered garden seats, gothic rooms, hermitage and grotto'.