Front of the new public buildings, Guildford
Engraver: Havell, R & Son
Medium: Aquatint, coloured
View of the 1818 Corn Exchange, erected in Guildford in place of the Tuns Inn. Prior to the inn's demolition, the corn market ran on the street front of it, with a wooden canopy erected to provide a covered space to protect grain from the rain. The exchange has a huge, deep, Tuscan-style portico and today is known as Tunsgate.