Golders Hill, Middlesex
Medium: Aquatint with etching
This 18th-century house in Golders Hill park, the seat of John Coore Esq., was renovated in 1875 by EF Clarke. The grounds were comprehensively redesigned in the 1870s by Robert Marnock who created a natural landscaping effect and extended the small lake seen in the picture. The house suffered bomb damage during the second world war and was demolished.