Artist: Wilson, W.
Medium: Aquatint, coloured
View of the city of Glasgow in Scotland. The print depicts the 19th century buildings on Clyde Street which stand along the banks of the River Clyde. The large building with 6 columns is the Custom House, built by John Taylor in 1840- this is now the Procurator Fiscals Office. To the far right of the print is the Nelson Monument which stands in Glasgow Green, Glasgow’s oldest municipal park. The monument, which stands to a height of 44 meters, was built to commemorate the naval victories of Viscount Horatio Nelson. It cost £2,000 and was paid for by public subscriptions.