King's College Chapel 58m
Artist and engraver: Malton, Thos.
View of part of King's College, the Old School's Building and Senate House in Cambridge from King's Parade Street. To the left is the east façade of the huge Chapel. The Chapel was built between 1446 and 1515 and is a magnificent example of a late medieval Royal Chapel, in the Gothic Perpendicular Style. In contrast the chapel stands next to two relatively new 18th century buildings: on the right the Senate House, holding the official governing body of the university, which was built in 1722-4 by James Gibbs. In the middle can just be seen the east facade of the Old Schools Building of 1754.