King's College Chapel, Interior
Artist and engraver: Baldrey, J. K.
Medium: Aquatint, coloured
Internal side of the east façade window of King's College at Cambridge. It is a magnificent example of a late medieval Royal Chapel in the Gothic Perpendicular style. It was built between 1446 and 1515 and can be compared to other chapels built in the same period at Westminster Palace, Eton College and Windsor. This is a very tall and broad window of nine lights. The tracery is in the conventional Gothic Perpendicular style. At the top there are the royal initials HR, Tudor roses, and portcullises. The rest of the window portrays scenes from the Crucifixion. The stained glass was made in the last building period 1508-15 before completion.