Lodge separating the deer park from the pleasure ground at Orchardley
The estate of which Orchardleigh Park was a part was owned by the Champneys family from the 1440s until 1855. The landscape park was extensively developed, in particularly by Sir Thomas Champneys, who owned it at the time this picture was made. The grounds included a lake with an ornamental rotunda at one end, built around 1760, and a boathouse. The old mansion was pulled down and replaced in 1856.