Muncaster Hall, Cumberland, The Seat of Lord Muncaster.
Medium: Pencil on paper
Sketch of Muncaster Hall, also known as Muncaster Castle in Cumbria, Northern England. The Castle is situated near the town of Ravenglass, on a promontory overlooking the River Esk. In about 1258 Alan de Penitone built a castle here on the site of an earlier Roman fortification. In the 14th century a Pele Tower was added to protect the castle from invading Scots and this now forms part of the south west tower of the castle. Muncaster Castle was extended again during the 17th and 18th centuries and in 1783 the title of Baron of Muncaster was bestowed on the family.