Medium: Ink wash on paper
South view of St Andrews, the parish church of Marks Tey in Essex. It has a Norman nave and a 14th century chancel. The west tower was damaged in 1648, during the Civil War siege of Colchester. As can be seen in this view, the top of the tower has been rebuilt. The base of the tower is of brick with diagonal buttresses. However the upper part is of timber. It is clad of vertical weatherboarding and even the battlements are made of this.