Artist: C[alcott], W[illiam]
Medium: Ink wash on paper
An east view of the ruins of Minster Lovell priory. Its date of foundation is not known but its earliest written records tell us that it came under the control of the Normandy-based Benedictine Abbey of Ivry in the 12th century. It was dissolved along with other foreign priories in 1414. The Lovell family became the lords of the manor from the 12th to late-15th centuries, building a great manor house nearby.