North Side of Ealing Church
Medium: Pen and ink on paper
Elevation of the north side of exterior of St Mary's Church in Ealing. This medieval parish church was ruinous and unsafe by the late 17th century and rebuilt in 1735-40 by J. Horne. A typical Georgian classical church, it was however much changed by a 1866-74 restoration and enlargement by S.S. Teulon, so much so that one commented that it had come to resemble a 'Constantinopolitan basilica'.