Engraver: Cartwright, J.
View of a range of Pembroke College, Cambridge facing Trumpington Street. The chapel was built by Christopher Wren in 1665. It was one of the first buildings in Cambridge in Wren's new style of architecture. The front which can be seen in this picture, is very impressive, symmetrical with one huge arched window, four Corinthian columns and a pediment with fine carving details. The rest of the range is a mixture of medieval building and 18th century work, built to match the original medieval style. Pembroke is one of the few colleges to have some of its original 14th century buildings still standing.