Peterbro House, Parsons Green, Fulham, Middlesex
Parsons Green was a hamlet in the manor of Fulham, and according to Bowack, writing in 1705, it was inhabited "mostly by Gentry and Persons of Quality". It was noted for its clean, fresh air and consequently many aristocratic families built their homes here. The house seen here is an 18th-century classical rebuilding of a substantial 17th-century mansion. It was demolished around 1900, though its name survives in the Peterborough Estate built in the grounds in the 1890s.