Pendhill Court near Blechenley in Surrey, the seat of George Scullard Esq
Artist: Sandby, Paul
Pendell Court was an original Jacobean mansion, situated three-quarters of a mile to the north-west of Bletchingley. Built in 1624, it is a three-storey brick building with simple mullioned windows and gables. This was the first of three similar-sized houses to be built in the area, the others being Pendell House (1636) and Pendell Manor House (c.1730). The artist, Paul Sandby, was one of the most influential English watercolour artists of the 18th century.