Shire and Town Hall, Cambridge
Artist and engraver: Harraden, R.
The Shire Hall at Cambridge was built in 1747. This is a classical style block with rusticated ground level and pedimented front. The monument to the side of the building is the Hobson's Conduit, named after a local man Thomas Hobson (1544-1631). He helped to finance a new river to bring fresh water from Nine Wells to Cambridge, which was built between 1610 to 1614.