Medium: Ink wash on paper
This simple building is St Katherine's Chantry Chapel in Shorne in Kent. A chantry chapel was founded and endowed for the celebration of masses for the soul of the founder or others. Sometimes there were chantries inside the parish church but this one is situated separately but nearby. It was built in the14th century of flint, although it was extended in the 15th century. The windows are fairly simple -two light or single light with ogee heads. The chantry was suppressed in 1545.