Medium: Ink wash on paper
View of the entrance front of Southfleet Parsonage, as it was in about 1760. It is a flint house built in the 14th century, probably for Thomas of Alkham who was the rector from 1323. Flint was an important local building material in Kent, and was particularly useful in coastal areas as it was very hardwearing. As can be seen in this drawing it is basically a medieval hall with two cross wings, which was a typical plan for its time. The windows are three, two and single-light mullioned windows.