Section of West End of Ealing Church
Medium: Pen and ink on paper
Section of the west end of St Mary's Church in Ealing showing two tiered seating arrangement. This medieval parish church was rebuilt in 1735-40 by J. Horne. A typical Georgian classical church, it was however much changed by a 1866-74 restoration and enlargement by S.S. Teulon, so much so that one commented that it had come to resemble a 'Constantinopolitan basilica'.